The Climate Bonds Initiative, an international NGO, based in London, working to mobilize debt capital markets to finance a rapid, global transition to a low-carbon and climate resilient economy.
- A green bond definitions and certification scheme with $34 trillion of assets represented on its Board and some 200 organizations involved in its development and governance;
- Working with the Chinese central bank on how to grow green bonds in China;
- An international Green Infrastructure Investment Coalition;
- Green bond market development programs in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and East Africa
- A green finance aggregation platform with UNDP
Sean is a member of the European Commission’s High Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, co-Chair of the India Green Bonds Council and a member of the Mexico Climate Finance Consultative Board. He is the Climate Bonds representative on the China Green Finance Committee and has published a number of papers on how to grow green bonds in China.
He has also been a consultant on green bonds to the United Nations Secretary General, a member of the People’s of Bank of China Green Finance Task Force and a member of the Commonwealth Secretariat’s Expert Committee on Climate Finance. In 2016 he was named Environmental Finance magazine’s “Personality of the Year” and in 2017 Global Capital’s “Most Influential Champion” of the sustainable finance market. He was previously an award-winning marketing advisor to a number of the largest Australian pension funds and a social marketer and publisher.
A regular speaker on climate change and finance, Sean has over the past year spoken at conferences and seminars on six continents.
He is also a member of:
- The UK Government’s Green Finance Task Force
- Mercer’s Sustainability Opportunities Fund Advisory Panel.
- The Canadian Corporate Knights Capital Advisory Council.
- The Partnership on Sustainable Low Carbon Transport’s (SloCAT) Financing Framework.
Sean is an Irish national. He has four daughters and lives in London with his partner.